- Last edited 2 years ago ago
Unpack the STM32MP157x-DK2 board
This first step explains how to unpack the STM32MP157x-DK2 Discovery kit and the additional equipment you need.
The following block diagram provides high-level information on how to connect them together.
2 Out-of-the-box kit
3 Required equipment
The following table lists the equipment required to start playing with your STM32MP157x-DK2 board.
Some of them are delivered within the STM32MP157x-DK2 Discovery kit. The others need to be purchased separately.
|STM32MP157x-DK2 Discovery kit
|Flexible development platform for STM32MP15 microprocessor devices
|To be populated with the OpenSTLinux Distribution (Linux software),
and providing extra storage capacity.
A 2-Gbyte minimum microSD card is required.
|USB Type-C™ to USB Type-C™ cable
|Used to connect the STM32MP157x-DK2 Discovery kit to the power supply
|Micro USB Type-B to USB Type-A cable
|Used to connect the STM32MP157x-DK2 Discovery kit to the PC
through the USB micro-B (ST-LINK/V2-1)
|USB Type-C™ to USB Type-A cable
|Used to connect the STM32MP157x-DK2 Discovery kit to a USB OTG device.
|5V/3A power supply
|The power supply should be able to output 5V / 3A (15W)
|A Linux PC running Ubuntu 18.04 or 20.04 is required.
|Ethernet cable (optional)
|Used to connect the STM32MP157x-DK2 Discovery kit through ssh
- Connect your laptop to the board ST-LINK/V2-1 port through the micro USB Type-B to USB Type-A cable.
- Connect the USB Type-C™ to USB Type-C™ cable to the 5V/3A power supply.
- Connect your laptop to the board USB Type-C™ OTG port through the USB Type-C™ to USB Type-A cable.
- Optionally connect your Ethernet network to the board Ethernet port through the Ethernet cable.